Coming Out of the Dark About Basement Renovation
Basements don’t have to be dank, dark dungeons, nor do they have to serve as storage areas. The Carpenter’s Touch is here to put a special touch on your basement with top quality basement renovation. Most basements are full of possibilities and potential, and it would be a shame for all that to go unnoticed and untapped. If you’re looking to add value to your home, or if you simply need more space, focusing on the basement makes for a fantastic option, one where we’ll do our best to give you equally fantastic results.
A Design for Every Desire
One of the great things about the basement is that it’s such a versatile space, which means that homeowners rarely have to compromise when deciding how to best utilize their space. A few ideas for how you can remodel your basement include:
- A second living room area for guests and special occasions
- A home office or workspace
- A study or library (you can even include a secret space tucked away behind a bookshelf)
- A family hub complete with seating options and a table for meals or games
- An additional bedroom, complete with a bathroom
As you can see, there are several ways you can rearrange and redesign your bathroom. If you find yourself confused as to how to utilize your space, think of what your home or life is missing and how your basement can fill that need.
Finishing Your Basement the Right Way
Like any remodel, there’s a right way to tackle a basement renovation. Specific items we urge you to focus on include:
- Make sure there aren’t any water issues in your basement before you start planning your new space.
- Check to see if you need permits before getting started on your remodel.
- Rather than nails or screws, you might be better off with fasteners when attaching framing
Don’t settle for a lackluster basement. Send a Contact Us form to learn more about your options, or call (973) 692-7779.